Now that the Christmas season is here, it’s also the season for Elf on the Shelf to make his or her debut. Here are 11 of the cutest Elf on the Shelf ideas for all of my parents who participate in the popular tradition.
If you’re not familiar with the concept, Elf on the Shelf was created by Carol Aebersold. It was inspired by her childhood family tradition when an elf would show up to help Santa keep an eye on the kids then report every night whether the kid was naughty or nice. When I first heard about it, I just knew I would be that mom who went all in for Elf on the Shelf and…well, it is now reality. I bought Harper her Elf just before Halloween and immediately started brainstorming ideas for how hers will show up throughout the season. Here are 11 of the cutest Elf on the Shelf ideas I came up with along with links to some fun accessories.
1. Creates a movie night at home packed with his or her own sleeping bag
2. Delivers personalized holiday decor like an engraved ornament or miniature tree
3. Prepares a meal like a Christmas-themed breakfast or lunch
4. Goes sledding through the house
5. Joins the family on a Christmas outing
6. Sets up a scavenger hunt for the kids
7. Hosts story time for the kids and invites all of the household’s stuffed animals
8. Helps decorate the tree
9. Brings a greeting letter from Santa
10. Creates a hot chocolate bar
11. Plans a game night for the whole family
Hopefully you found an idea or two you can easily execute with your little one(s) at home to get them in the holiday spirit. And to keep them on Santa’s nice list.